Online Creativity Course Objectives
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to understand how creativity occurs in the workplace and wants to understand how the creative process works - so that they can work more effectively.
- Understand the concept of functional fixedness - the tendency to see things the way we usually see things - and what we need to do to create new perspectives and new ideas.
- Understand the relationship between creativity and innovation.
- Understand the first three stages of the creative process.
- Learn a simple model for when it is appropriate to be creative - and when it is not.
- Distinguish between logical and creative thinking.
- Discover the vital role of the language we use when creating ideas.
- Where ideas come from and why they don't always arrive 'to order'
- How creative thinking dffers from logical thinking - and how both are essential for the generation of usable solutions and ideas
- How to avoid wasting enormous amounts of time and effort, by ensuring that you solve the real problem
- How the language you use can influence the quality of the ideas you produce
- The importance of the right mindset.
The online creativity course is highly practical and is equally valuable for team managers and professionals - in the private and public sectors - who understand that they cannot make things better by keeping things the same! Anyone who needs to understand how to solve problems more effectively and come up with new ideas, is going to benefit from this programme.